The ability to translate your website into different languages can significantly expand its reach and accessibility. The Aragon theme is translation-ready, meaning you can easily adapt your website to cater to a diverse, global audience.
- Language Files: The theme comes with POT (Portable Object Template) files, which serve as the blueprint for translation. These files contain all the text strings used in the theme.
- Choosing a Translation Method: There are several ways to translate your theme. You can use a plugin like WPML (WordPress Multilingual Plugin), Loco Translate, or manually translate the POT file using software like Poedit.
- Install the Plugin: Install your chosen translation plugin from the WordPress plugin repository and activate it.
- Configure Language Settings: Follow the plugin’s setup wizard to choose the default language and add additional languages you want to support.
- Translate Content: Use the plugin’s interface to translate pages, posts, menus, and theme elements. Some plugins offer automatic translation services, while others support manual translation by yourself or a team.
- Update WordPress Settings: Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘General’ in your WordPress dashboard and select the language you’ve translated your theme into.
- Check Your Website: Visit your website to ensure that the translations appear correctly.
By following these steps, you can translate the theme into your desired language, making your website more accessible and user-friendly for a global audience.